14. Chief Executive
(1) The Centre shall have a Chief Executive who shall be appointed by the Minister, on the recommendation of the Board, for such fixed contract period not exceeding five years, as the Minister may determine.
(2) A person shall not be appointed as the Chief Executive unless he or she possesses such experience and training as the Minister may prescribe or approve, and he or she has demonstrated that he or she is competent to carry out the functions of the Centre.
(3) The Chief Executive shall, subject to such directions on matters of policy as may be given by the Board, be responsible for the management, control and administration of the Centre, and the control of the employees of the Centre.
(4) The Chief Executive shall prepare a five year performance plan and an annual performance plan of the Centre and submit the plans to the Board for approval.
(5) The Chief Executive may delegate, to any senior officer of the Centre, the exercise of any power which he or she is authorised to exercise under this Act.
(6) The Chief Executive may resign from office by giving three months' notice thereof, in writing, to the Minister, or by paying, to the Centre, one month's salary in lieu of notice.
(7) The Chief Executive may be removed from office by the Minister giving him or her three months' notice thereof, in writing, or by paying him or her three months' salary in lieu of notice.
(8) Notwithstanding the provisions of subsection (7), the Minister may, after consultation with the Board, remove the Chief Executive from office at any time, without giving notice, for-
(a) misconduct or incompetence; or
(b) such conflict of interest as, in the opinion of the Minister, warrants his or her removal from office.
15. Appointment and conditions of service of staff of the Centre, etc.
(1) The Board shall, on consideration of any recommendation from the Chief Executive, appoint the senior officers of the Centre, and the Chief Executive shall appoint such other staff as may be necessary for the proper discharge of the functions of the Centre.
(2) The dismissal of all persons from positions designated by the Centre as held by senior officers shall be made by the Board, on consideration of any recommendation from the Chief Executive.
(3) The dismissal of all other staff shall be made by the Chief Executive or such other senior officer as he or she may delegate to perform that function.
(4) The terms and conditions of employment of staff of the Centre shall be as may be determined by the Board in their respective contracts of employment; and the said terms and conditions of employment may make provision for the payment, to such staff and their dependants, of such benefits, gratuities or other allowances as the Board may determine.