14. Establishment of health committees
(1) The Minister shall establish a committee to advise him on matters relating to smoking and the implementation of the provisions and purposes of this Act.
(2) Local authorities may establish their own committees to advise them and to ensure compliance with, and to promote, the purposes and the provisions of this Act, and in the exercise of their functions under this Act they shall be subject to any directions by the Minister.
(1) Where any person believes on reasonable grounds that there has been a contravention of the provisions of this Act in respect of any workplace, he may complain to the employer at that workplace, specifying the particulars of the complaint, and within 10 working days of receiving such complaint the employer shall investigate it or cause it to be investigated, and if it appears that a contravention has occurred he shall try to resolve the complaint.
(2) Where the contravention is on the part of the employer, the employer shall resolve the cause of the complaint, or give an assurance that satisfies the complainant that there will be no repetition of the cause of the complaint.
(3) Where the contravention is on the part of an employee, the employer shall seek to obtain from that employee an assurance that satisfies the employer that there will be no repetition of the cause of the complaint.
(4) The representative of the employees at the workplace shall be entitled to be present at any meeting called by the employer for the purpose of resolving the complaint and avoiding future causes of complaint.