MEDIA PRACTITIONERSPART: Meetings of the Council 2628
26. Ordinary general meetings
(1) The Executive Committee shall, in each year, convene an ordinary general meeting of the Council.
(2) The chairperson of the Executive Committee, or in his or her absence the vice-chairperson, shall preside at meetings of the Council, and in the absence of both the chairperson and the vice-chairperson, an Executive Committee member designated by the Executive Committee shall preside at the meeting.
(3) The quorum for an ordinary general meeting of the Council shall be 50 per cent of the total Council membership entitled to vote.
(4) A question before a meeting of the Council shall be determined by a simple majority of votes of members and associate members present and voting, and where there is an equality of votes, the chairperson or the person presiding shall have a casting vote in addition to his or her deliberate vote.
(5) A member or associate member who fails to attend three consecutive ordinary general meetings of the Council without reasonable excuse shall cease to be a member or associate member.
[Ch6109s27]27. Special general meetings
(1) The Executive Committee may, at any time it considers necessary, convene a special general meeting of the Council.
(2) At least 25 per cent of the members and associate members of the Council may, at any time, request a special general meeting by written notice signed by such members and associate members and delivered to the chief executive, specifying the object of the proposed meeting; and the Council shall thereupon hold such special general meeting.
(3) The written notice under subsection (2) shall be delivered by hand or post to the chief executive at least 15 days before the meeting.
(4) The quorum for a special general meeting of the Council shall be two thirds of the members and associate members present and voting at such meeting.
[Ch6109s28]28. Minutes of meetings
The Executive Committee shall cause proper minutes of all Council meetings to be recorded.