BOTSWANA HOUSING CORPORATIONPART: General (ss 29-34)
29. Annual report
(1) The Corporation shall, when sending the auditors' report and copy of the audited accounts in respect of each financial year in terms of section 24(5), submit to the Minister a comprehensive report on its operations during such year and the Corporation shall publish it in such manner as the Minister may specify.
(2) The Minister shall lay the Corporation's report before the National Assembly within 30 days of his receiving such report.
30. Power to call for information
The Minister may for purposes associated with the administration of this Act, require the Corporation to provide him with estimates of the Corporation's future revenue and expenditure, and with such other information relating to its activities and operations, including books of accounts, records and documents, as he may reasonably require for those purposes.
The Minister may, after consulting the Board, make regulations, not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act, for the better carrying out of the objects and purposes thereof and for the prescription of any matter or thing that is to be or may be prescribed.
32. Service of notice
Any notice, order or other document may be served upon the Corporation by delivering it, or by properly addressing, prepaying and posting it by registered post, to the general manager at the headquarters of the Corporation at
33. Protection from personal liability
No matter or thing done or omitted by any member of the Board or by any officer or employee of the Corporation shall, if the matter or thing is done or omitted bona fide in the course of the operations of the Board or the Corporation, render such person, or any person acting under his direction, personally liable to any action, claim or demand.
34. Oath of secrecy
(1) Except for the purposes of the performance of, and within the scope of, his duties and the exercise of his functions, or when lawfully required to do so, either by a court, or under any written law, or in the investigation of any offence, no member of the Board or officer or employee of the Corporation, or auditor appointed under section 24(3) shall disclose to any person information relating to the affairs of the Corporation which he has acquired in the performance of his duties or the exercise of his functions.
(2) Every member of the Board and every officer and employee of the Corporation shall take and subscribe to an oath or declaration of secrecy in the manner and form determined by the Minister.
(3) Every person required to take and subscribe an oath of secrecy under subsection (2) who, in contravention thereof, and without lawful excuse, reveals any matter or thing which has come to his knowledge in the performance of his duties or the exercise of his functions, shall be guilty of an offence and liable to a fine of P5 000 and to imprisonment for 5 years.
(4) Any person required in accordance with the provisions of this section to take and subscribe an oath or declaration of secrecy who, without or before doing so, proceeds in the performance of his duties or the exercise of his functions, shall be guilty of an offence and liable to a fine of P200.