AIR BOTSWANAPART: Meetings and Proceedings of Board (ss 8-9)
(1) The Board shall meet for the discharge of its functions at such times and places as the Chairman may appoint, so however that the Board shall meet at intervals not exceeding 3 months.
(2) The Chairman or in his absence the Vice-Chairman may, and shall on the request in writing of not less than 2 members of the Board, call an extraordinary meeting of the Board at such time and place as he may determine.
(3) The Chairman or, in his absence, the Vice-Chairman shall preside at every meeting of the Board.
(4) In the absence of both the Chairman and the Vice-Chairman, the members present shall elect one of their number to preside at the meeting.
(5) The quorum at any meeting of the Board shall be not less than one half of the members of the Board:
Provided that the presence of the General Manager shall not count towards the constitution of the quorum.
(6) All questions proposed at a meeting of the Board shall be determined by a majority of the members present and voting, and where the votes are equal, the Chairman or the person presiding shall have a second or a casting vote:
Provided that the General Manager shall not be entitled to vote unless the Board decides otherwise in any particular instance.
(7) Any member of the Board who has an interest, or whose spouse has an interest, in any company or undertaking with which the Board proposes to make a contract or has an interest in any contract which the Board proposes to make shall disclose the nature of his interest, and shall not vote or take any part in the proceedings of the Board relating to such contract.
(8) The Board may, and shall if the Minister thinks fit, request the attendance of any person to act as adviser at any meeting of the Board, and that person while so attending shall have all the powers of a member except that he shall not vote on any question and his presence at the meeting shall not count towards the constitution of a quorum.
(9) The validity of any act or proceedings of the Board shall not be affected by any vacancy among its members or by any defect in the appointment of a member thereof.
(10) The Board may from time to time make standing orders providing for the regulation of-
(a) the meetings of the Board;
(b) the conduct of its business and other operations in carrying out its functions; and
(c) the duties of its officers, employees and agents.
9. Signification of documents
All documents made by, and all decisions of, the Board may be signified under the hand of the Chairman of the Board, the General Manager or any member or senior officer of the Corporation generally or specially authorized in that behalf.